Monday, March 15, 2010

Never too Old for Songs and Fingerplays!

What a busy and fun filled weekend for my little ones! They had a sleepover Saturday night and were awake early Sunday morning rearing to go! Powder art and Wii and Nintendo DS and dancing all before 9:00 am!! What was Mom doing? drinking coffee and reading a couple of blogs of course! My little man was playing next to me on the floor- starting to coo and smile- so cute!

Now to the point of my story- as I was surfing blogs, I came across a new blog that I haven't read before- Delicious Ambiguity. She had posted a book that she had compiled of finger plays and songs for St. Patrick's Day. I downloaded the book (cover- see left) and shared it with the girls-four girls ranging from age 5 to 8. Now because they were Preschool finger plays, etc., I had to give them "permission" to act them out and sing.

My strategy- "Hey, girls! Look at these songs and finger plays- you can learn them and teach them to the baby."

Bingo! I gave them permission to be little girls again. They had a blast singing and acting out the plays. I could hear them giggling and trying to get just the right melody. So thank you, Delicious Ambiguity! If you'd like to download a copy of this resource, be sure to stop on over to her blog and check it out!




Have a great day!
Jen

3 comments:

Jenn @ Delicious Ambiguity said...

Hi Jen,

Glad that you found my song & fingerplay book useful. I am in the process of working on an Easter one so make sure to check back soon. I've also started a Tot Tuesday McKLInky party today. I hope you'll stop by & share some ideas:

http://delicious-ambiguity-nennyk.blogspot.com/2010/03/first-ever-tot-tuesdays-mcklinky-party.html

Thanks for the feature,
Jenn

Nina said...

What a great blog you have and thanks for stopping by mine.
Your girls sound wonderful.

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

Thanks for the note at dollar store crafts! You can mix your own chalkboard paint with regular flat latex house paint (starts at about $12/gallon at home improvement store). You mix one cup of paint with 2 Tablespoons of unsanded grout to make the paint. The recipe is at the bottom of this page: http://www.marthastewart.com/article/make-custom-color-chalkboard-paint

Support Creative and Curious Kids!

Support Creative and Curious Kids! by exploring the ads that interest you found below each post. Thank you!!
Share/Save/Bookmark
Custom Search
Photobucket
Featured at Make and Takes
Classified: Mom