Friday, March 5, 2010

Leprechaun Tales: Fun Reads for St. Patrick's Day


With St. Patrick's Day right around the corner, I thought that it would be fun to read some Leprechaun tales with the girls. I selectedThe Leprechaun in the Basement by Kathy Tucker and Leprechaun Tales by Yvonne Carroll.






This delightful story is about a leprechaun who came to America stowed in a trunk and his encounter with a little boy named Michael McKeever. We loved the suprising ending and the lesson that was taught about greed and selfishness.


Fun Irish tales that have been passed down from generation to generation. This is a collection of six mini stories. We are actually still reading them. I like that you can read a different tale each day.

Happy Reading!

Jen

(Above: Illustration of leprechaun reading is from www.dulemba.com)

2 comments:

Sonora said...

What a good idea. I am always looking for good books to read to my kids. In fact, another blog I follow (staceysmotheringmoments.com) posted a similar story and I started a conversation in her blog about childhood books that we loved as kids. I think the oldies but goodies are some of the best stories out there. I will have to check these out and let her know about them as well.

Chels said...

I have never checked out a St. Patrick's Day/Leprechaun book. Great suggestions!

Support Creative and Curious Kids!

Support Creative and Curious Kids! by exploring the ads that interest you found below each post. Thank you!!
Share/Save/Bookmark
Custom Search
Photobucket
Featured at Make and Takes
Classified: Mom