Monday, June 1, 2009

Logic Puzzles

Often, I would use logic puzzles in my gifted classroom to encourage higher levels of thinking. My students loved it, because not only did it challenge them, but it gave them an opportunity to do something different than the normal classroom work. Eventually, I started bringing logic puzzles into the regular classroom to challenge all students, not just the ones who were identified as gifted. One student in particular really surprised me. He was in Title I reading and had such a difficult time learning to read. But boy could he solve a logic problem. I had to help him by reading the clues, but he was able to think analytically about the problem. It gave him such confidence and the smile on his face just made my day!
Recently, I introduced simple logic problems to my 7 year old. She fell in love with them and when she woke up the next morning, begged me for more problems. One of the resources that I have found great logic puzzles in is titled Logic Safari. It is listed for grades 2 and 3, but I've used them with advanced first graders.



So Mom and Dad, are you thinking "I want to have some logic fun!" Well, you came to the right place. I found a website with printable logic puzzles just for you! http://www.printable-puzzles.com/
It is important that we exercise our brains along with our children's.

For more fun puzzles for the whole family, be sure to visit Squigly's Playhouse!

Jen

3 comments:

DairyQueen said...

oh my goodness! I LOVE logic puzzles!! Thanks for sharing the site!

Lynnie said...

My sister and I used to love buying those books loaded with logic puzzles! Thanks for the links! I just might have to do some myself until my oldest is ready to enjoy them too!

Preschool Playbook said...

Thanks Jen. These sound great. I love these kinds of puzzles myself. I hope you are feeling well.

Support Creative and Curious Kids!

Support Creative and Curious Kids! by exploring the ads that interest you found below each post. Thank you!!
Share/Save/Bookmark
Custom Search
Photobucket
Featured at Make and Takes
Classified: Mom