Thursday, September 18, 2008

Excuse this House

Oh, how I wish I had an organized, clean house! There are days that I will feel down because it doesn't look how I think it should! I also worry about teaching my kids how to organize and keep a home. Beating myself up though isn't going to change the condition of my home, but a new attitude will. Working little by little and feeling good about each accomplishment will help! There are days though that I won't get much done, because the little ones need me more! If you need a good excuse for playing with the kids today and taking a break from housekeeping, here's a poem for you. This plaque was on my mother's wall when I was a child and now it has been passed down to me!

Excuse this House

Some houses try to hide the fact
that children shelter there;
Ours boasts of it quite openly,
The signs are everywhere
For smears are on the windows,
Little smudges on the door;
I should apologize I guess
For toys strewn on the floor
But I sat down with the children
And we played & laughed & read;
And if the doorbell doesn't shine,
Their eyes will shine instead.
For when at times I'm forced to choose
The one job or the other;I want to be a housewife-
But first I'll be a mother.


There ya go! Go play with your kids without guilt today! There is always tomorrow to vacuum and put away the laundry!! (Just don't put it off too long, like me!- The Queen of procrastination, Ha, Ha!)

Enjoy your day!
Jen

2 comments:

ParentingPink said...

Oh, thank God for this poem. Now I can use it for an excuse at least through the end of next week on why I don't need to clean the house!

Maren said...

LOL! I spend as much time worrying about what a terrible housekeeper I am as I do cleaning...but I love my kids, love playing with them and someday, I'm not going to wish I had spent more time cleaning. My mom had a similar poem on her wall, but all i remember is the last line...so dishes can wait, cobwebs go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby, 'cause babies don't keep! Ain't THAT the truth!:)

Support Creative and Curious Kids!

Support Creative and Curious Kids! by exploring the ads that interest you found below each post. Thank you!!
Share/Save/Bookmark
Custom Search
Photobucket
Featured at Make and Takes
Classified: Mom