Monday, September 8, 2008

Duck, Duck, Goose Revised!

Who doesn't love a good game of Duck, Duck, GOOSE? To mix things up a little bit yesterday, I decided that I wanted to play it differently. We played Apple, Orange, BANANA instead. If I tapped your head and said the word banana then you would run around the circle. The girls liked spicing things up a bit to make it more interesting! Being that I changed the game, they wanted to do the same. Here was my 4 year old's idea(which was more creative than her mother's!): Croc, Flip Flop, SHOE! You have to run on the word Shoe. Now, Abby had to get in on the action. She wanted her own game, too. She decided that she was going to say a variety of words(anything that came to mind) and if you heard BANANA HEAD, then it was time for you to run. Of course she thought it was funny to come up with as many potty words she can think of- Oh, the mind of a 6 year old! I've done this in the past for Birthday Parties as well. For a Strawberry Shortcake birthday, you can play- Strawberry, Strawberry, SHORTCAKE!

What a simple way to inspire a little creativity; don't ya' think? What other games can you make more interesting by changing it around a bit?? Be sure to post your ideas below!!

Have a fun and creative Monday!

Jen

1 comment:

ParentingPink said...

I love the idea! You are very creative (thus the name of your blog) and I'm glad I can steal..oops, borrow your ideas to play with my daughters :-)

Support Creative and Curious Kids!

Support Creative and Curious Kids! by exploring the ads that interest you found below each post. Thank you!!
Share/Save/Bookmark
Custom Search
Photobucket
Featured at Make and Takes
Classified: Mom