Thursday, May 6, 2010

DIARY OF A SPIDER and A WORM and A FLY!

Laugh out loud funny! I could read these books over and over again. Is it the big kid in me? I guess, but I love how they are written as a diary and in the main character's perspective. What is the day in the life of a worm really like? You'll have to read to find our and laugh along with me and the girls!

Diary of a Spider  Diary of a Worm  Diary of a Fly

Literature extension:
Write a family book!  We were brainstorming ideas for our diary this morning- diary of a butterfly or bumblebee?  My oldest wants to write about an animal instead- a bear or deer?  I guess we will have to vote on it.  I think that this would make a great family project, because everyone can participate equally by writing and illustrating their own diary entry.  We have a Pop Up Book kit from Creativity for Kids that I've been wanting to use with the girls. Create Your Own Pop-Up Books
I'm so excited now to get started.  Do you want to join us?  If so, I'd love to hear about your ideas!  Don't forget that little one's have stories and ideas in their heads even if they can't write yet.  You can write their words for them and they can illustrate, so even your preschoolers can get involved.

Happy Reading and Writing!

Jen

I was not compensated for the above review. To learn more about each book, just click on the link. If you decide to purchase a book/product at Amazon, I do get a % of that sale. This does not in any way sway my opinion.  The thoughts/ideas above are my own! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, I still belly laugh when reading Diary of a Worm - the scene where his sister is looking in the mirror all day and he says "Your face looks the same as your rear end" or something like that anyways.. lol, we own all three and enjoy them immensely!

jennwa said...

I love those books too.

Support Creative and Curious Kids!

Support Creative and Curious Kids! by exploring the ads that interest you found below each post. Thank you!!
Share/Save/Bookmark
Custom Search
Photobucket
Featured at Make and Takes
Classified: Mom