Thursday, October 27, 2011

Monsters Galore!


Clip art- Source



I must admit, I have a bit of affection for monsters.  Not scary, spooky monsters, but furry and cute monsters like Elmo and Cookie.  Therefore, I just had to make a MoNsTeR learning center for my little guy.  I found the most wonderful free resources online....


1+1+1=1 has a Happy Monsters Tot Pack. My favorite activity has little monster cards that are different colors with different amounts of eyes.  I'm going to use it for counting with googly eyes and for color recognition.  So cute!

Source: 1+1+1=1

2 Teaching Mommies also has an adorable Monster Unit.
 I love the alphabet Monster Mash Game.
Source: 2 Teaching Mommies


I'm still in the process of putting the center together.  I'd like to get some of the games laminated.  I didn't use everything from each unit- just the activities that I thought would be appropriate for little man at this stage.  (22 months)

I decided to make a mini-book to put inside. I illustrated the following poem.
Five Little Monsters
This little monster has a big red nose

This little monster has purple toes.
This little monster plays all night.
This little monster is such a fright.
And this little monster goes:
"Tee-hee-hee"
"I'm not scary, I'm just silly me."
Source: http://www.preschooleducation.com/smonster.shtml

I'll post little man and his new center once I get it all together! Thank you to these wonderful teachers/mommies who provide these resources.  What a blessing!


Happy Monster Fun,
Jen


















1 comment:

Miss Lisa said...

yep...i'm obesessed with cute monsters too! downloaded 2 teaching mommies monster unit last night! thanks for sharing :] (fyi - if you have an ipad there's a free app called Monster Maker HD...it's so fun for the littles to play!)

Support Creative and Curious Kids!

Support Creative and Curious Kids! by exploring the ads that interest you found below each post. Thank you!!
Share/Save/Bookmark
Custom Search
Photobucket
Featured at Make and Takes
Classified: Mom