Friday, January 9, 2009

Let it Snow, Let it Snow.....

Things are getting pretty white around my neck of the woods! My girls are so excited because they can't wait to try out their new purple sleds from SANTA! Also, they want to have a snow ball battle. This is so my fault! One day last winter,I thought it would be so funny to hide behind the bushes and sabotage my husband with snowballs. As we were anxiously awaiting his return, one of my girls looked up at me and asks- "Why are we doing this again?"
"Because it's fun, silly!!"
Actually, it is because Mommy is immature and wants to get back at Daddy for all of the "bad" things he has done over the years! (Ha! Ha!)Ever since then, they want to beat up Mom and Dad with snowballs. They also can't wait to be snow angels and build a snowman.
I love watching them try to catch snowflakes on their tongues! I'd love to capture this moment on film. Especially my six year old! It is so great to see her just being a kid! She's trying to grow up too fast, so it is pure joy to see snow falling on her little face as she struggles to catch just one!
Although this weather makes me want to hibernate, it is hard not to appreciate the beauty of it all. The snow brightens up the dreary days of winter. The trees looks so beautiful when they are snow covered and I love watching the light reflect off snowflakes as they fall.
If you love this weather or if your children are fascinated with snowflakes, you'll have to share the story of "The Snowflake Man" with them. I came across a book titled Snow Crystals about Bently at the library and was impressed by his passion and work.

For the little ones, be sure to share the book, Snowflake Bently by Jacqueline Briggs Martin.














"Under the microscope, I found that snowflakes were miracles of beauty; and it seemed a shame that this beauty should not be seen and appreciated by others. Every crystal was a masterpiece of design and no one design was ever repeated., When a snowflake melted, that design was forever lost. Just that much beauty was gone, without leaving any record behind."

Wilson "Snowflake" Bentley 1925



Enjoy the Snow and the books!
Jen

1 comment:

Preschool Playbook said...

I'm so happy to hear from you. My five year old is exactly the same with the snowflakes on the tongue. Everytime we go out and they are falling, the tongue goes out. It took us 15 minutes to make it into church. Love the beautiful book--never heard of it before. Good luck with cyberschool.

Support Creative and Curious Kids!

Support Creative and Curious Kids! by exploring the ads that interest you found below each post. Thank you!!
Share/Save/Bookmark
Custom Search
Photobucket
Featured at Make and Takes
Classified: Mom