Friday, March 26, 2010

PBS Kids Writer's Contest- Oh My!

Procrastinator Mommy strikes again! For months, my girls have been asking to enter the PBS kids writers contest.

"Sure, I just have to check it out, girls."

They are actually asking to write and I blow it off. What's wrong with me? It's called new baby syndrome, forgetfulness, etc- I can make excuses.

Well, anyways, today Peanut asked me again. I said sure- let's do it right now. Which is a good idea, being that it has to be postmarked by March 31st which is right around the corner.

I typed while she recited her story. She then started working on her illustrations which she called her "blueprints."

Take a peek at her story. Keep in mind that she's only five. I think she did a great job being we are so last minute-thanks to me. Bad job, Mom!!

Leah and the Evil Prince

Once upon a time there was a girl named Leah. Leah was very creative and had a good imagination. One day, she went out to the stream. She was pretending that she was flying. And then suddenly, she started to float in the air. She didn't know how it was happening.

An evil prince was spying on her. He was jealous of her because he knew that she got a lot of attention from all of her friends. So he took her to his castle that she had never been to.

And then her friends came to rescue her. First, they went to her house and they couldn't find her. Next, they checked all of their hidden cameras and saw that she was hidden in the castle. So then they came out in the night and saved her while the prince was sleeping. Leah felt really happy because her friends saved her.

And they all lived happily ever after.

The End.


Her illustrations are just adorable. I can't wait until she gets everything together this weekend and we make it into a book.

For more information on this contest, check out PBS Kids.

Wish us luck getting everything in on time! Better last minute, than not at all, I guess.

Enjoy your Friday!
Jen

No comments:

Support Creative and Curious Kids!

Support Creative and Curious Kids! by exploring the ads that interest you found below each post. Thank you!!
Share/Save/Bookmark
Custom Search
Photobucket
Featured at Make and Takes
Classified: Mom