Thursday, March 25, 2010

I Did Not Bribe My Child!

I did not bribe my child- no way. Okay, maybe a little. Actually, a lot. I cannot tell a lie! I was desperate though, desperate to have my little girl get her dental work done so that her tooth didn't get infected. I tried everything- encouragement and prayer. When this didn't work, I did start the bribing. As she stood there with her mouth shut closed-tightly closed I might add, I started the offering.

I'll take you for ice cream. No- didn't work.

I'll take you to the park. No- didn't work.

Then I called Dad- he did the opposite- he got mad- let them work on your mouth or you can't have your scooter, your bike, your DS and so on and so on.
Did that work? Nope!

So I was ready to throw in the towel when it hit me-what does she want more than anything- to get her ears pierced. How about a pinch for a pinch? Her eyes lit up when I explained that I'd take her right away to get her ears pierced if she let them give her the Novocaine.

Bingo! That did it.

She was so afraid of that needle, but she did it. She was brave so that she could get what she truly wanted. Is this awful? Am I an horrible mom? What would you have done in this situation?

So you might be asking? What about the other daughter? Yeah, she weaseled her way into getting her ears pierced,too. She went right to Daddy with that boo boo lip. I told her no, that she'd have to wait like her sister did. She begged her sister who finally gave in and said it was ok and her Dad said yes to his little peanut.

So there you have it. The story behind the photos of Ears Pierced times Two. (yesterday's Wordless Wednesday)

And what did Mom do this evening? Go shopping for birthday earrings for my little girls, of course!

Take Care!
Jen

3 comments:

Tim said...

A needle for another needle. No irony in that.

Good for you Jen for coming up with the right thing just in time!

Love and Prayers,

Tim

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Desperate times call for desperate measures! Isn't it fun shopping for earrings? :-)

sharercoupons said...

Check out Clairs. They have adorable earings and always have great sales going on! BTW I think it was a great bribe!

Support Creative and Curious Kids!

Support Creative and Curious Kids! by exploring the ads that interest you found below each post. Thank you!!
Share/Save/Bookmark
Custom Search
Photobucket
Featured at Make and Takes
Classified: Mom