Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Fairies Galore!


I'm in the beginning stages of planning a fairy birthday party for my almost 6 year old. Really? My little girl, my peanut, is turning 6- wow! Anyways, I have this image in my mind about how I'd like to decorate, but my funds are low. So off to the dollar store I went searching for ideas. Here's what I came up with so far! I'm planning for about 12 children.



Fairy Wand Craft
1 pkg. flower foam shapes (24 count)
2 pkg. Velvet fairy stickers
2 pkg. Markers
Ribbon( variety of colors)

Total cost for this craft ($6) - I still need to find wooden dowels for something else for the handles of the wand.


Favor
I found this idea in Family Fun Magazine.
For $1 a bunch I was able to find colorful silk flowers. I'm going to cut them to make individual flowers. Next, I'm going to tape a pixi stick candy to the stem. I'll put them in a vase to decorate and then each child will go home with a "candy" flower.
Total cost for favor ($3)

Decorations
2 bunches of silk flowers
1 long stem of silk greeenery
I'm going to cut the flowers and glue them to the greenery and drape this across the food table. I have more greeenery of my own that I'm going to use.
1 roll of wallpaper border with fairies- I'm going to cut out the fairies and use them on homemade invites and for decorations.
Total cost for decorations- ($4)

Other supplies
Pink plates
Pink table cloth
Butterfly birthday napkins
Cost- $3

Cupcakes
Homemade- thinking about putting silk flowers on top of each cupcake. I wanted to put rings, but didn't find anything that I liked.

Game-Fairy, Fairy, Where's my Flower?
Children will sit in a circle. One child will sit in the middle. The adult will give one child a flower to hide behind back while the child in the middle is closing his or her eyes. Next, the child will open his/her eyes and then all of the children will say-

Fairy, Fairy, Where's my Flower?"
The child in the middle will say-
"Someone has it- is it you?"
and point to a child sitting in the circle.

Each child in the middle will get 3 guesses. The child holding the flower goes in the middle. Repeat until everyone has a turn being the fairy in the middle.

If you liked this post and would like to get more fun ideas from dollar store finds, be sure to check out Dollar Store Crafts.

Stay tuned for party photos in the near future! If you have any simple ideas that you'd like to share, please comment. I love hearing from you!


Jen

2 comments:

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

Thanks for linking to DSC! I love FamilyFun - it's my favorite magazine. Last year they had aproject for making a fairy canopy out of a hula hoop & netting. http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/cool-canopy-675544/

Chels said...

My SIL just made wands for a dress-up party. She used balloon sticks (bought at Zurcher's and cut in half) for the wand handle. She took about 10 pieces of ribbon maybe 6 feet long and then folded the bunch in half and stuffed the ribbon fold down in the hole with glue. The girls loved them. Have a fun fairy party!

Support Creative and Curious Kids!

Support Creative and Curious Kids! by exploring the ads that interest you found below each post. Thank you!!
Share/Save/Bookmark
Custom Search
Photobucket
Featured at Make and Takes
Classified: Mom