Monday, August 4, 2008

Yogi Bear Park- Here we come!

I'm on my way out the door, so I don't have much time to write today! We are on our way to a family camping trip to Yogi Bear Park. The girls are so excited!! We will be gone for 4 days, so I won't have a computer in the great outdoors to blog. While I was packing, I did have a few ideas for camping fun!

Nature Journaling- Have the kids record with pictures or words what they see in nature. When you get back from your camping trip, research the critters and other nature finds on the Internet or books from the library to add some fun facts to the journal. Another idea is for your child to keep a photo journal. I know my kids love taking pictures! During our last camping trip, I took a lot of digital photos of different wildlife encounters and made all of the photos into a collage on Snapfish. (Develops photos online- if you were wondering!) It was very easy to do, inexpensive, and the results were great!

Acorn finger puppets: Actually came across this idea in a book just yesterday. Have your child put the tops of acorns on their fingers. Decorate their fingers with washable marker to make a face. I think I'm going to try this week, too cute! Emmy has actually made puppets out of her fingers before and dressed her fingers with Polly Pocket clothes, so I think she will get a kick out of this idea!

That's it for now. I better go before my family starts yelling for me to get packing!!

No comments:

Support Creative and Curious Kids!

Support Creative and Curious Kids! by exploring the ads that interest you found below each post. Thank you!!
Share/Save/Bookmark
Custom Search
Photobucket
Featured at Make and Takes
Classified: Mom