Tuesday, February 10, 2009

More Hearts!


Around Valentine's Day, my teaching partner and I would pull out this simple heart activity to encourage creative thinking in our students. Very simple- tell your child to be as creative as possible and add details to the hearts to create different pictures. The creative thinking skill is known as elaboration. Elaboration is simply adding details. With little ones we can encourage elaboration in their art work and then move on to teaching elaboration during creative writing activities.

My Sample



Sunshine's Creations: age 6



Click here for a heart template!

Be sure to print out one for Mom or Dad, so that you can have fun being creative with you kids!

Jen

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

great hearts my oldest (8) would love doing this for sure!

Jen said...

Great for all ages! Thanks for stopping by!

Preschool Playbook said...

These are so cute. I never thought of elaborating this way. Thanks.

Jen said...

I also like to do an activity with a just a few lines on a paper and the kids have to make a creation with the paper, but must include the 3 lines. I'll have to post an example some time.

Tara Bennett said...

Such cute ideas! I especially like the fish! =)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my site TwoHeartsTogether! I poked around your site a little and love your ideas :) This project with the heart shapes are great for little ones and older ones too, I'm thinking we will do this tomorrow
Happy Blogging :)

~Samantha

Support Creative and Curious Kids!

Support Creative and Curious Kids! by exploring the ads that interest you found below each post. Thank you!!
Share/Save/Bookmark
Custom Search
Photobucket
Featured at Make and Takes
Classified: Mom