Monday, May 3, 2010

Monster Mash!

The Monster Mash, Do the monster mash.....

What a great time we had yesterday at Sunshine's Monster Mash birthday party! Boy am I wiped out from monster foaming, dancing, entertaining, etc.- but so glad that I did. Most of my decorations were made from my craft stash and recyclables. I found great monster clip art online for just 75 cents that was great for the invites and decorations. Enjoy the tour of the party, but beware of the monsters!


COSTUMES

Sunshine was a werewolf. Quite a few draculas attended, as well as a Freddy Kruger(yeesh)-luckily the kids didn't know who he is- which means they never saw the film. There was also a frankenstein, a few skeletons, and some witches in attendance. Even little man dressed up!


This is the T-shirt that I painted for Little Man. He wore a little head band with eyeballs on it- so cute.





DECORATIONS




FOOD-YUMMY!
I served witches brew with gummy bugs, cheese fingers and monster eyeballs. For dessert, we had cyclops cupcakes and a 3 eyed monster cake.






ACTIVITIES
The kids created monster balloons, played hot potato with monster music, and pin the eyeball on the monster. They were able to feel ogre brains, eyeballs, guts, and fingers. The monster foaming experiment was a big hit and messy! It got a bit rowdy with monster dancing, too.


Balloon monsters: balloons, eyeballs, glue, and craft foam




Pin the eyeball- print out lg. monster, make eyeballs with paper and google eyes


Foaming monster activity- directions


MUSIC
Drew's Famous Kids' Halloween Costume Party
BEDTIME STORY for the girls
Read to find out how he gets rid of all seven monster. Fun story.
Seven Scary Monsters


I hope you enjoyed the tour and got a few ideas if you ever have a Monster Mash for your little monster!


Also- last chance to enter my Pop Art giveaway!
(ends tonight at 12:00 eastern time. US/CAN)


Jen

10 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

I want a party like that!

Preschool Playbook said...

Wow! Here is one I'm sure she'll remember for a lifetime. It looks like everyone had a wonderful time. You did a great job! Very enthusiastic.

Take care
Trish

Unknown said...

Spookily, freakishly, kookily AWESOME!!!

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

Soooo cute! I love your monster party, such great ideas! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Cute party idea! I love the shirt you made for your little guy!

KJ said...

Looks so fun!! This is my first time to your blog, I came from the link up at My Delicious Ambiguity.

jennwa said...

That looks like a great party. I may have to steal your theme. Thanks for sharing.

Rebecca said...

This is great! So fun!

Jenn @ Delicious Ambiguity said...

Sooo fun! Lots of great ideas here!

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

Absolutely adorable!! I love those balloon monsters! What a fun party... thanks for sharing with me!!

Support Creative and Curious Kids!

Support Creative and Curious Kids! by exploring the ads that interest you found below each post. Thank you!!
Share/Save/Bookmark
Custom Search
Photobucket
Featured at Make and Takes
Classified: Mom