Monday, September 12, 2011

Heelys- Not Just for Kids!

Momma got a new pair of shoes!

"So what?"  you may be thinking.  Well, these aren't just any shoes.  These shoes just might put me in the "cool" Mom category.  These shoes are on wheels!  

Yes, Momma got a new pair of Heelys!  I was excited to be chosen for this promotion and decided that the purple and black model was right up my alley.  My kids have had Heelys, but I never imagined that I'd get back on shoes with wheels in a million years.  (had an 80's version of wheeled shoes during my youth)

But being from a curious household, I was just that- curious.  Could I- at the (very young) age of almost 40, actually skate around in these hip shoes? 




 
When the package came in the mail, the girls were a wee bit envious of my new wheels!
I didn't put them on right away, because I needed to learn about my new Heelys. On their website, there is an informative How To video for newbies like myself.  And now for my own home movie.... (embrace yourself for laughter and try not to make too much fun of me!)
Review:
I thought the shoes were quite stylish with a sporty and durable design.   You can't go wrong with black and purple. The wheels popped into the shoe easily. I have the option of wearing them with wheels or as stand alone tennis shoes. This style is the Wave.


The wheels are fun, but I'm honestly not sure how often I would use them or be allowed to use them without safety gear.  You can't see my husband's face as he was filming, but what he was thinking was....."oh no, a trip to the emergency room!"

My shoe size is an 8 1/2 , but I only had an option of a size 8 or 9.  I chose 8, which are a bit snug. If I choose to purchase Heelys in the future, I would select a larger size.
Are you a Momma ready for a pair of wheels?  If so, be sure to check out all of the cool styles at http://www.heelys.com/.  Possibly a new way for us to get in a little workout and pretend that we are kids again!

I hope you enjoyed the review,
Jen

Disclosure:  I was not compensated monetarily, but was given a pair of Heelys to test for the above review.  The opinions are my own and may differ from opinion of others. I was chosen for this review from Business2Blogger.

2 comments:

Brimful Curiosities said...

Goodness, I don't know if I'm more impressed that you tried operating those shoes or that you were brave enough to post a video. :) Love that your daughter is such a supportive instructor.

Chels said...

Hip momma!! What a fun item to review!

Support Creative and Curious Kids!

Support Creative and Curious Kids! by exploring the ads that interest you found below each post. Thank you!!
Share/Save/Bookmark
Custom Search
Photobucket
Featured at Make and Takes
Classified: Mom